Header

 photo about_zps308d8738.png  photo disclaimer_zpsbb60c5d1.png

2 June 2014

Born to run

Running is something I both love and loath.

I love it once I get to a certain level of fitness, but when I am just starting out again I hate it. Due to a knee injury I am only just getting back to running after nearly eight months, meaning I am definitely in the hate stage at the moment.

I'm definitely one of those gals who needs the motivation of a new piece of gym kit in order to get back out there, and who doesn't love that new delivery feeling?
When exercising I definitely go for comfort. I loath being too hot, so something light and airy suits me down to the ground.

As you can see, I was already a bit of a Nike fiend, so the new bits fitted in well.
So as I said - these were meant to get me back into running but... that didn't exactly happen.

I've lusting after a pair of trainers to match with my skinny jeans, and when these arrived I couldn't quite bring myself to test run them on the treadmill. Instead they made their way, along with the t-shirt, into my regular wardrobe,
I can safely say that these are the comfiest pair of trainers that I've ever worn - and that was a day after testing them around London. And from my meticulous review reading when it comes to running trainers I know that these would serve me well.
So whilst they haven't exactly been used for what I intended, they still haven't been off my feet for more than a few hours.

What about you? Do new kicks get you in the mood to work out?

*These pieces were very kindly donated by sportshoes.com

19 comments:

  1. I something need to drag myself to go work out...
    but once I'm dragged in and actually making
    exercises, I'm like on fire and feel like I can do
    this all day :P
    Nice sporty outfit! The shoes are really awesome!
    I wish you a good time running! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't run to save my life haha but cool gear :)

    xx fameliquorlove

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh totally have a love-hate relationship with running as well. I love how I feel when I run and when I finish a run but that few minutes before my run - when I'm working up the motivation to get started - that is the worst.
    Love the shoes - new kicks are definitely good motivators! Gotta look cute when you run :]

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a running lover, but when i'm in company i really enjoy it! :)
    Michela xx
    pursuingadreamcalledlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those shoes and the grey tee! Perfect for cute but casual :)
    Also, that style of Nike shorts are my faaave for working out. I'm like you - need to feel breezy, otherwise I use the heat as an excuse not to work out haha.
    Yay for new shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely require bribes to make myself workout. A bribe to start going and then another to complete X amount of gym visits.
    It's ridiculous but it generally works. :P

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really need to buy some new trainers. I wore my old ones on a run last night and they gave me blisters.

    Then I realised I haven't actually bought trainers since I was in 6th form at school. That was over 4 years ago...

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got a bright pair of running shoes to give me some motivation, but it didn't exactly work. I still go to the gym and admire my shoes, but it doesn't make it more fun haha. I guess I need someone to run in front of me with some cookies to give me motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. SNAP!
    New kit is the best motivator for lacing up and getting out the door. I'm a nike addict too and recently treated myself to some new compression shorts - they are ace!
    x x x
    {The Lobster & Me}

    ReplyDelete
  10. New 'anything' gets me in the mood. I haven't bought new gym gear in years and I blame that as the reason I don't exercise hehe x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello dear! I feel the same about running, when I have to begin it's a nightmare, then I can't wait for the next time :-)
    Baci,
    Coco
    Coco et La vie en rose / Bloglovin / Facebook
    International giveaway: win a sparkle made in Italy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Right that's it - I think I need some new trainers! These look great - I am definitely in an exercise slump at the moment!

    Beccy ~ Bluebell & Bumpkin

    ReplyDelete
  13. Agreed, I need to at least feel like I look the part before heading out of the door! Those are lovely trainers, they look light as a feather too, win.
    Have you been redesigning too? I like it!
    M x Life Outside London

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am really enjoying those trainers, I normally see trainers as a necessity rather than something I actually like. Gonna find me a nice new pair I think!

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  15. After reading you post I really think I need some new trainers! And maybe a new pair will get me in the mood to start running again.

    Allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
  16. I actually do feel like runners / trainers get me in the mood to work out. Especially when you have a fancy pair, am I right? haha. Lovely post.

    Jes
    Naturally Jes

    ReplyDelete
  17. Completely obsessed with your new Nike's. I recently went on a Nike shopping spree and couldn't be happier with all of the products. Plus, having a cute outfit to wear definitely inspires me to work out.

    x http://www.pacifictopark.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. belle scarpe sportive

    WWW.ANGELICHIC.COM

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bella la scelta di questo abbigliamento sportivo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love reading every single one and appreciate them all.

Disqus for http://hmmmmmaybe.blogspot.co.uk/