Header

 photo about_zps308d8738.png  photo disclaimer_zpsbb60c5d1.png

11 June 2014

Shhh it's Secret Theatre

It's back! Or was back, actually.

London's most secretive theatre, and after the fun I had last time, there was no way I was going to miss out on this. Managing to snag Emily as my date for the night, we headed off to what we were only told was an art gallery opening... Helpful for telling us how to dress, right?

Getting there did feel like we were middle of no where in Haggerston - but that's part of the charm. The fact that half the time you have no clue what was going on.

As this run is now over I feel like I can let you have a sneak peak of the stage...
I have to admit I was quite worried as we were sat so close, but luckily someone sat in front to shield us from direct eye-line...

It wasn't long before we were papped striking our best pose either - although I was concerned that these were going to feature in the play somehow.
P.s. the above photo doesn't belong to me in any way, shape or form, but to Secret Theatre.

It was a fun night with an original script for the play, perhaps not one I would have chosen to go to myself, but that's what made it all the more fun. You don't go in with expectations, so you're surprised by everything.

The actors were good, with obvious talent, and the fact that you have an audience surrounding you 360 must have been hard.

Was the play to my taste? As I said, probably not one I would have chosen to see, but I really enjoyed it, and it had genuinely very funny moments - along with a pair of male legs that I could only hope mine looked like!

I'd definitely recommend signing up for their updates - you never know what's going to come up! And I, for one, will be attending the next one.

Seen anything quirky recently that's surprised you?

10 comments:

  1. This sounds really fun! Is it a bit like interactive theatre?

    Saskia / girlinbrogues.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the idea of this, something a bit different and mysterious! <3

    Sophie | soinspo xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love the sassy Jazz hands Emma! I have so much admiration for people that can act, because I really can't. You are right about a 360 audience, that would be terrifying and so much harder to work!

    I hope you had fun!

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you said, this is a great way to try and make you get out of your comfort zone and see something you wouldn't normally go for. I've not been to any kind of theatre for ages, I really need to make more of an effort!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's great to be pushed to do things that wouldn't normally be your kind of thing - it can really open you up to new things! i'd love to go to one of these xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a really fun evening! Always nice to get out and try something different now and then :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of this! Anything with the word secret in the title is great in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is one of the things I loved most about living in London - all the quirky things you can find yourself doing!
    Hmm weirdest thing I've done lately? Probably suckling on a piece of wood from the tree in the Amazon jungle, which Malaria medicine was made from. It tasted foul!

    {Teffy's Perks} X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds very interesting and it sounds like you had a lovely time! Lovely post! Xx

    Vividlondon.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love reading every single one and appreciate them all.

Disqus for http://hmmmmmaybe.blogspot.co.uk/